COVID-19 Recovery AmeriCorps
COVID-19 Recovery-Related AmeriCorps Positions
Iowa Economic Development Authority is working with dozens of community organizations across the state to leverage AmeriCorps State members for intensive, full- and part-time positions to support ongoing needs as a result of the impact of COVID-19. Positions are being filled now. If your organization is a 501(c), government or tribal organization, K-12 school, institute of higher education or faith-based organization responding to COVID-19 needs in your community, contact AmeriCorps program staff for information on how to apply to be a host site.
Benefits of Iowa COVID-19 Recovery AmeriCorps Positions:
- Living Allowance | Members receive the living allowance associated with the term of service. The living allowance is paid in equal increments across the term of service, and members receive payment every other week via direct deposit.
- Education Award | AmeriCorps members receive a Segal Education Award when a term is successfully completed. The education award can be used on existing qualified student loans or toward future education opportunities. AmeriCorps members age 55 or older can transfer the education award to a child or grandchild.
- Other Benefits | Student loan deferment, forbearance or forgiveness opportunities are available depending on the type of student loan. It is the member's responsibility to obtain information about whether loan(s) qualify for this benefit. This is not an automatic benefit of the program. Health insurance and childcare assistance are available for members meeting eligibility requirements and serving 1,200 hours or more.
Iowa COVID-19 Recovery AmeriCorps Terms of Service Details
|Term of Service||Service Hours||Service Weeks||Weekly Hours||Living Allowance||Education Award||First Enrollment Date|
|Three Quarter Time||1,200||36||35-40||$10,800||$4,451.50||Sept. 13, 2021|
|Reduced Half Time||675||36||20-25||$6,075||$2,417.14||Sept. 13, 2021|
|Quarter Time||450||24||20-25||$4,050||$1,678.57||Sept. 13, 2021|
|Minimum Time||300||24||15-20||$2,700||$1,342.86||Sept. 13, 2021|
- Must be 18 years of age or older by start date
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, or be in process of completion
- Must be either a citizen, national or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States
- Must pass mandatory pre-service background checks
How Do I Apply?
If you meet the following qualifications and characteristics, apply below to become an Iowa COVID-19 Recovery AmeriCorps member.
- Willingness and ability to work as a team member, provide support, communicate clearly, ask for guidance when needed and admit mistakes
- Ability to handle responsibility, make decisions and problem-solve in the moment
- Emotional maturity, situational awareness and comfort taking broad direction
- Flexibility and capacity to take initiative
- Willingness and ability to assist in maintaining a clean, healthy environment
- Ability to set healthy boundaries with others
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience with diverse populations with complex needs
Iowa COVID-19 Recovery AmeriCorps Positions
Check back for future opportunities to serve starting this fall.
Iowa COVID-19 Recovery AmeriCorps Members are Currently Serving:
Caring Hands Outreach; CommonBond Communities; Coralville Community Food Pantry; Community Action Eastern Iowa; Dress for Success Quad Cities; Dubuque Dream Center; EMBARC with Catherine McAuley Center; EMBARC with Hoover Elementary School; EMBARC with Intercultural Center of Iowa; EMBARC with Young Parent's Network; Food Bank of Iowa; His Hands Free Clinic, Inc.; Iowa Community Action Association; Linn County Public Health; Mahaska County YMCA; Mid-Iowa Community Action in Ames, Grinnell and Marshalltown; New Opportunities Carroll County, Dallas County & Guthrie County; Northeast Iowa Food Bank; Olivet Neighborhood Mission; Watchmen; WesleyLife Meals on Wheels; Willkie House, Inc.