Iowa Nonprofit Recovery Fund
COVID-19 Funding Programs
AN EXTENSION OF THE IOWA SMALL BUSINESS RELIEF GRANT PROGRAM
Governor Reynolds has allocated federal CARES Act funds to assist nonprofits economically impacted by COVID-19. The Volunteer Iowa and Iowa Economic Development Authority’s (IEDA) Nonprofit Recovery Fund will provide short-term relief to nonprofit organizations that have experienced a net loss as a result of?the COVID-19 pandemic.
UPDATE: Applications are now closed.
Awards made October 9, 2020 [PDF]
Targeted COVID-19 Relief Awards
Urgent gap funding needs have been identified among homeless shelters and refugee service providers due to substantial increases in demand and costs. The Targeted COVID-19 Relief awards provide timely assistance to Emergency Solutions Grant and RefugeeRise subgrantees to allow them to continue carrying out their critical missions during this pivotal time for many Iowans.
Targeted COVID-19 Award List [PDF]
- Organizations with revenue over $25,000 in calendar year 2019
- Organizations must serve the state of Iowa and its residents without discrimination based on race, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin or sexual orientation
- 501(c)(3), 501(c)(6) and 501(c)(19) nonprofit organization
- Less than 25 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- 501(c)(6) trade associations, board of trade or professional football leagues
- Advocacy organizations
- Endowment Funds
- Fraternal organizations
- Golf courses
- Health care providers with exception of mental health providers
- Private or social clubs
- Political campaign or organizations
- Trade associations (not providing direct services to public)
- Organizations that spend 20% or more of annual budget on lobbying activities
- Organizations that exclusively serve religious purposes, although religious organizations providing non-religious community services will be considered
How Do I Apply?
USE OF FUNDS
The grantees shall use funds for short-term cash flow assistance to continue operations, provide increased services and supports, or to reopen the nonprofit following the COVID-19 pandemic. Any other use of the funds, including paying debts incurred prior to March 1, 2020, is not permitted.
- Applications are now closed.
- Assistance will be awarded on a first come, first ready to proceed basis.
- Payment will be made as a one-time payment, per application, in the form of a check from IEDA to the applicant.