Economically Significant Development Fund
This fund is designed to provide grant assistance for projects that are primarily “vertical infrastructure” with a purpose of increasing tourism opportunities in Iowa. Vertical infrastructure means land acquisition and construction, major renovation and major repair of buildings, all appurtenant structures, utilities, site development, and recreational trails. There is no minimum or maximum total project cost.
- Applicants will be required to demonstrate how the project will be a draw to people from outside of the local community and/or out of state.
- Applicants will be required to demonstrate that at least 60% of the necessary funding to complete the project is secured at the time of application.
- Eligible projects can receive grant funds up to 25% of eligible project costs.
- Eligible applicants include cities, counties, not-for-profit organizations.
- Applicants must address handicapped accessibility beyond meeting minimum ADA compliance requirements.
How Do I Apply?
Applications will be accepted starting May 9, 2022 with a rolling deadline through December 31, 2022.
Download the application here.