Tourism Attraction Fund
This fund is designed to provide grant assistance for projects that create additional tourism opportunities, but that do not qualify for either the Economically Significant Development Fund or the Outdoor Recreation Fund. This program will provide grant funds as a reimbursement to specific eligible expenses.
- Eligible expenses include construction or remodeling, acquisition (lease, rent or purchase) of property and equipment, and related professional services such as electrical, architectural, and engineering.
- Ineligible expenses for grant reimbursement include ongoing operational costs, non-development costs, and other employee wages and benefits.
- Total grant awards will be determined based on the comprehensive proposal. A comprehensive proposal may include both eligible and ineligible expenses to convey the depth and breadth of the planned investment.
- Grant award can be up to 100% of eligible expenses for awards under $500,000. For awards larger than $500,000, the grant will be limited to the lesser of 25% of the comprehensive proposal or 100% of eligible expenditures. Proposals that commit to a larger overall investment will be eligible for a larger grant award.
- Applicants will be required to demonstrate how the project will be a draw to people from outside of the local community and out of state and must also demonstrate the ability to positively project the state's image on a national scale.
- Applicants must articulate why the project or applicant does not qualify for either the Economically Significant Development Fund or the Outdoor Recreation Fund.
How Do I Apply?
Applications will be accepted starting May 9, 2022 with a rolling deadline through December 31, 2022 or until funding runs out.
Download the application here.