Sports Tourism Infrastructure Program
A Program of Enhance Iowa
Enhance Iowa's Sports Tourism Infrastructure Program will provide financial assistance for infrastructure investments that actively and directly support sporting events. Eligible Sports Tourism Infrastructure projects must be primarily infrastructure and completed projects must have a national or international intended audience and draw visitors from out of state.
“Infrastructure" means land acquisition and construction; major renovations of buildings; and all appurtenant structures, utilities, and site development that are related to the operation of a sporting event.
- Eligible applicants include cities and counties and public entities that are a convention and visitors bureau or a regional sports authority district. The applicant should be the intended entity to contract with the Enhance Iowa Board to receive Sports Tourism Infrastructure funds and undertake the funded activity.
- Demonstrated matching funds of 50% of the project cost
How Do I Apply?
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before February 15, 2023.
The Enhance Iowa Board will use the following factors to determine the level of assistance once the eligibility guidelines have been met:
- Impact of the project on the local, regional, and state economies.
- Amount of positive advertising or media coverage the project generates in national and international markets.
- Quality, size, and scope of the project.
- The extent to which the project would generate additional recreational and cultural attractions or tourism opportunities.
- The extent to which the sporting event to be supported by the infrastructure project is unique, innovative, or diverse.