Iowa Jobs Training (260F)
Training Current Employees of Iowa Companies
The Iowa Jobs Training Program (260F) provides job training services to current employees of eligible businesses.
- Helps companies train current employees with new skills
- Eligible businesses work with the local community college, which will assess training needs, determine funds available and provide training
- Valuable employee training for little to no cost
- Must be located in Iowa
- Must be engaged in interstate or intrastate commerce for the purpose of manufacturing, processing, assembling products, warehousing, wholesaling, or conducting research and development
- Service-providing businesses must have customers outside of Iowa
- Within the 36-month period prior to the date of application, a business cannot have closed or reduced its employment base by more than 20% at any of its other business sites in Iowa in order to relocate substantially the same operation to another area of the state
- Employees eligible:
- Must be currently employed by the business
- Must pay Iowa withholding tax
How Do I Apply?
Application is made through a local community college.