It's Been a Year...
This time last year Iowa Economic Development Authority’s (IEDA) Targeted Small Business (TSB) staff were busy processing grant applications for the Targeted Small Business Grant Program and trying to share as many resources as possible to small business owners who dealt with the overwhelming aspects of trying to keep their doors open and businesses afloat amidst the impacts of COVID-19.
And, staff wants you to know that you were heard! Listening to many stories of struggle, team members often hung up the phone at the end of the day shedding tears -- hearing beautiful stories of resiliency and growth, celebrating and sharing your successes as business owners.
The time has come when staff are again able to take a breath and begin to look ahead at how to continue to grow the TSB program to serve its constituents better, and overall, better serve the state of Iowa. To do that, IEDA’s TSB staff teamed up with several partners recently, to offer a variety of webinars, presentations, education opportunities and program improvements, including:
- Monthly webinars co-hosted with the Center for Research and Service
- SBA Women’s History Month Spotlight Event
- Partnerships with the Department of Administrative Services (DAS)
- Networking events in Des Moines, Dubuque (and next in Sioux City)
- Feature of a TSB on IEDA social promotions for Women’s History Month
- Sponsorship of the Black & Brown Summit hosted by the West Des Moines Chamber
<< Return to April 2021 Bullseye Newsletter