Partnerships Supporting Diverse Businesses
The Des Moines-based Director’s Council and the Financial Empowerment Center are taking applications to launch the Black Iowa Business Directory, an online platform allowing Black-owned businesses to list themselves for more visibility and allowing customers to search for Black-owned products and services.
Business owners can apply to be listed online. Please note: This Directory is a self-identification directory and separate from the Targeted Small Business Directory. To continue to be eligible for State of Iowa procurement, TSB certification is required.
Experience Waterloo also created an app for Black Business Owners of Iowa to be part of the “Black Capital of Iowa”, a state-wide mobile-exclusive free savings passport, highlighting black owned businesses across the state of Iowa. Sign-up is free to be added to the Directory of black-owned businesses.
Other directories and links to Diverse Business owner directories:
- IASourceLink: Support for Black Owned Businesses
- Iowa City Area Development Directory of Black Owned Businesses
- Cedar Rapids Gazette Feature on Black owned businesses in Cedar Rapids/Iowa City
- West Des Moines Chamber list of Black and African Owned Businesses in West Des Moines and Des Moines
- Des Moines West Site Chamber list of Minority Owned Businesses
Know of another directory in your community that features diverse business owners? Please share it with us to include in our next newsletter!
<< Return to January 2021 Bullseye Newsletter