Community Development Block Grant
Assisting Communities in Providing Available & Affordable Housing
This program assists communities with preserving existing housing stock and creating new housing opportunities. The eligible housing activity includes:
- Upper story housing conversion
This program is funded through the federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and must primarily benefit low and moderate income individuals.
The Upper story housing conversion program provides assistance for the conversion of existing downtown building space into new residential units. The maximum award under this program is $600,000 - $550,000 inclusive of project and administrative costs and an optional additional amount of $50,000 for Green Streets Criteria.
- Projects must primarily benefit low- and moderate income persons (per the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development definition)
- Non-entitlement cities and counties are eligible applicants.
How Do I Apply?
- Upper story housing applications are due on November 1, 2022 If funds are available after this date, additional application rounds may be announced.
- Visit iowagrants.gov for application instructions and to apply for funds.