Iowa County Fairs Relief Fund
COVID-19 Funding Programs
AN EXTENSION OF THE IOWA SMALL BUSINESS RELEF GRANT PROGRAM
The Iowa County Fairs Relief Fund is an extension of the Iowa Small Business Relief Grant Program and will provide short-term relief to eligible county and district fairs for the purpose of continuing or resuming business operations in the context of a public health emergency and to assist entities to accelerate and restore economic activity amid the current COVID-19 public health emergency. This statewide program is offered through the Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) in collaboration with the Association of Iowa Fairs (AIF).
There will be three funding levels: $25,000, $50,000, and $75,000. Award amounts will be determined based on demonstrated revenue loss for the period October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020 as compared with the corresponding period for the previous year.
Recipients may use the funds for short-term cash flow assistance to continue operations. Any other use of the funds, including paying debts incurred prior to March 1, 2020, is not permitted.
Applications are now closed. Applications received after 5 p.m. CST November 16, 2020 will not be reviewed or considered for funding. Applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. Assistance will be made as a one-time payment in the form of a check issued by IEDA and mailed to the applicant at the address set out in the application. All decisions are final agency action.
List of Awards [PDF]
Will funds received through a state COVID-19 relief program be taxed as income?
Iowa Small Business Relief Grants have been granted state tax exemption by the Iowa legislature. More information will be forthcoming as guidance becomes available in regard to state taxes for other COVID-19 relief programs. Please reference the Internal Revenue Service Guidance for information on federal taxes as they relate to COVID-19 relief funds.
To be eligible for a grant, the applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- It is a “Fair” as defined at Iowa Code section 174.1.
- It has continuously held membership in the AIF since at least March 17, 2020.
- It conducted a “fair event” as defined at Iowa Code section 174.1 (“Fair Event”) in Iowa in Calendar Year 2019.
- It held a Fair Event after March 17, 2020 but was subject to limitations or restrictions described in a Proclamation of Disaster Emergency issued by Governor Kimberly K. Reynolds on or after March 9, 2020 or it canceled a Fair Event scheduled to be held in Iowa between March 17, 2020 and the submission date of the application for assistance through the Fund.
- It demonstrates a revenue loss for the period October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020 due to the pandemic as compared with the corresponding period for the previous year.
- It completed and submitted an application for relief through the Fund by no later than 5 p.m. CST on November 16, 2020.
- It did NOT receive assistance via the Iowa Nonprofit Recovery Fund.
- Review the fact sheet for additional eligibility requirements.
How Do I Apply?
Applications are now closed.