International Trade Office
Iowa's Global Presence
The Iowa Economic Development Authority’s (IEDA) International Trade Office (ITO) provides various services to Iowa companies interested in, or currently exporting. IEDA’s marketing managers assist companies in developing and expanding export markets by offering:
- Individual Consultation - Assistance with international questions and export topics, international documentation, market research and more.
- Global Market Assistance - Support from Iowa's network of global offices and representatives, ready to provide individual assistance in respective markets.
- Educational Seminars - Seminars and workshops held throughout the year at various locations.
- Trade Shows - Guidance in selecting appropriate international trade fairs and assistance with logistical support, show planning and follow-up.
- Trade Missions - Organized annually, opportunities for individual company appointments. A complete itinerary is arranged for each company, including individual, pre-qualified appointments.
- Financial Assistance Programs - Support for eligible companies exhibiting at international trade shows, participating in a trade mission, or with international compliance and marketing efforts.
- In-house Training - Specifically designed training sessions with information on finance, documentation, marketing, transportation and other areas of international trade.
- International Buyer Groups - The ITO works closely with foreign government offices and domestic trade associations to coordinate visits to Iowa for qualified, in-bound international buying delegations and commercial visitors.
- Trade Resources - Information to enhance your international trade knowledge, including our Iowa Directory of Exporters, the International Service Directory, trade and travel updates and more.
The International Trade Office Provides
Consulting & Education
Individual consultation, technical assistance and educational seminarsLEARN MORE
Trade missions, trade shows, international buyers group access and market researchGET INVOLVED
Grants and awards for a variety of export activitiesHOW TO APPLY
International Trade Resources
Providing Iowa Companies Resources to Succeed in the Global Marketplace
Our Offices Provide
The Iowa Economic Development Authority has international trade offices in Des Moines, Iowa,
and throughout the globe in Europe, Latin America and Asia.
EXPORTSIn 2022, Iowa exported over $26 billion in manufactured goods and agricultural products.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE JOBSInternational trade supports nearly 1 in 5 jobs in Iowa.
GLOBAL REACHCustomers in 211 countries and territories purchase Iowa-made goods and services.