Clean Cities Program
Iowa Energy Office
Expanding the Use of Alternative Fuels
The Clean Cities program coordinated at Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) is a designated member of the U.S. Department of Energy’s Clean Cities program. Public and private stakeholders work together to increase adoption of alternative fuels, advanced vehicle technologies and energy efficient transportation strategies.
Iowa Clean Cities Coalition stakeholders include local governments, metropolitan planning organizations, private fleets, non-profits, associations, industry representatives, colleges and universities and businesses with a commitment to sustainable practices. Collaborative efforts include educating fleets, developing infrastructure to support alternative fuel vehicles, disseminating technical information, and raising awareness through meetings, workshops and webinars.
- Iowa Clean Cities Program Fact Sheet
- Electric Vehicle Public Charging Station Host Handbook
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle Readiness Guide for Medium- and Heavy-Duty Fleets
- Advancing Iowa's Electric Vehicle Market Report
- Iowa Clean Cities - Compressed Natural Gas Requirements
- Idle Reduction
- Transport Refrigeration Units