Iowa Economic Development Authority
The Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) is currently hiring for the following positions:
The Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA), located in Des Moines, IA, is searching for an outstanding, motivated professional to join our team as a Legislative Liaison.
The Legislative Liaison works with the IEDA Director and other members of the IEDA Senior Executive Team, state legislators, legislative staff, Office of the Governor staff, other executive branch agencies, representatives of the Judicial Branch and governmental, non-profit, and private advocacy entities to develop, refine or modify legislation of interest to the IEDA.
General Duties - Legislative Liaison for IEDA:
- Advocates for IEDA legislative initiatives and assists legislators in shaping policies with the goal of ensuring that new enactments can be implemented efficiently and effectively
- Attends legislative committees, subcommittees, and other meetings; reviewing complex state/federal statutes, rules, regulations, legislative bills and amendments affecting the IEDA
- Serves as lead in agency efforts to implement new laws and amendments for programs administered by IEDA, including drafting and reviewing administrative rules for the department in coordination with staff who administer programs and manage the administrative rule making process
- Serves as the liaison between the IEDA and other governmental officials and entities, including elected officials and employees of the Legislative Branch and officials of other executive branch agencies with regard to constituent issues, complaints, concerns and suggestions and policies, projects, and operations of mutual interest or concern.
- The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience in legislative work and exemplify our agency’s core values.
The Iowa Economic Development Authority is an EEO/AA Employer.
Applicants must complete the application and include a resume, and cover letter.
Job posting closes on October 25, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
For more information and to apply, please visit:
For Additional Information Contact: Brooke Parziale, HR Manager,