Nuisance Property & Abandoned Building Remediation
Providing Loans to Help Keep Communities Safe
This program provides financial assistance to help communities demolish or remediate buildings and structures that are a hazard to public health and safety.
- Funds may be utilized for residential structures with an emphasis on single family dwellings
- May include properties at multiple sites and locations
- Interest rates for this loan program range from 0% to 2% and vary based on the term of the loan
- Loan terms may range from 12 to 60 months
- Loans available through this program do not have a minimum or maximum amount
- The Iowa Economic Development Authority evaluates loan requests and approves loan amounts based on application scoring and the amount of program funds available
- All buildings made part of the project must be documented as representing a public nuisance through abandonment, chronic building code violations or dilapidation that is hazardous to public health and safety
- Applicants must describe how demolition activities are tied to a community redevelopment effort
- All Iowa communities are eligible applicants
How Do I Apply?
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, as funds are available. Please contact program administrator to determine if funding in available
- Visit iowagrants.gov for application instructions and to apply for funds