Rural Child Care Planning Program
Seeks to support the use of data and analysis to determine solutions addressing child care challenges
The Rural Child Care Planning program seeks to support the use of data and analysis by rural communities to determine the specific needs and solutions for child care in their area.
Watch the Grant Informational Recording Here
Child care is a challenge across rural communities in Iowa and across the nation. However, the solutions are often more complicated than the construction of a new facility. Many factors need to be carefully analyzed to determine the feasibility for development of a child care center, expansion of an existing one or support for in-home providers. Through greater understanding of their geographic market, demographics, competition, financials, and other factors, communities can be armed with the information needed to take proactive steps towards addressing child care challenges. Funding from the program will empower communities to assess their current child care environment and develop strategies.
- Iowa businesses, colleges and universities, city or county government, federally tax-exempt nonprofit agencies and foundations
- Projects/programs must exist in and benefit a community in Iowa with a population of 20,000 or fewer and not contiguous to a city with a population of 40,000 or greater. If a countywide project, must be in one of the 88 least populous counties.
How Do I Apply?
- Application Window Opens June 28, 2023 on IowaGrants.gov
- Please review the Grant Guidelines found in the Resources area below for additional information on eligibility requirements, use of funding, reporting requirements and the review process. A copy of the scoring rubric has also been provided.
- The deadline to apply for funding is 11:59 p.m., August 30, 2023. Applicants must submit applications via IowaGrants.gov, the online application portal. Applications will not be accepted in any other format. Late, incomplete or ineligible applications will not be accepted. Applicants must create a login to view the full application for the program.