Leadership Bootcamp Program
Empower Rural Iowa
The Leadership Bootcamp Grant program provides training, mentorship and funding to rural communities and regions initiating leadership programs. This program is a result of the Governor's Empower Rural Iowa Initiative.
If Iowa wants rural communities to survive and thrive, it will take strong local leadership. Many rural communities have created effective leadership programs, as have various Iowa industries. Leveraging these efforts as examples and partners, this program targets rural communities who want to start a local leadership program and work to engage participants in community leadership roles. Grantees will participate in a two-day bootcamp resulting in a work plan and a one-year mentorship.
The program is administered by the Center for Rural Revitalization, a division of the Iowa Economic Development Authority, in consultation with the Governor’s Empower Rural Iowa Initiative Task Forces.
- City or county government, federally tax-exempt nonprofit agencies and foundations
- Applicants that are not a local government must include a letter of support from the mayor or a resolution from the city council.
How Do I Apply?
- Application Window Opens June 28, 2023 on IowaGrants.gov
- Please review the Grant Guidelines found in the Resources area below for additional information on eligibility requirements, use of funding, reporting requirements and the review process. A copy of the scoring rubric has also been provided.
- The deadline to apply for funding is 11:59 p.m., August 30, 2023. Applicants must submit applications via IowaGrants.gov, the online application portal. Applications will not be accepted in any other format. Late, incomplete or ineligible applications will not be accepted. Applicants must create a login to view the full application for the program.