Outdoor Recreation Fund
This fund is designed to encourage development and enhancements to outdoor recreation opportunities in Iowa, such as regional trail connectors and major outdoor attractions. There is no minimum or maximum total project cost. Proposals must articulate how the funding will be used to enhance tourism to the region and/or state.
- Applicants will be required to demonstrate how the project will be a draw to people from outside of the local community and/or out of state.
- Applicants will be required to demonstrate that at least 60% of the necessary funding is secured to complete the project at the time of application.
- Eligible projects can receive grant funds up to 40% of eligible project costs.
- Eligible applicants include cities, counties, not-for-profit organizations.
- Applicants must address handicapped accessibility beyond meeting minimum ADA compliance requirements.
How Do I Apply?
Applications will be accepted starting May 9, 2022 with a rolling deadline through December 31, 2022.
Download the application here.