Helping Businesses Develop & Bring New Technologies and Concepts to Market
The Demonstration Fund is designed to provide assistance to companies with market-ready innovative technologies or products that have a clear potential for commercial viability.
- Assists companies with marketing and business development activities
- Helps businesses with high-growth potential reach a position to attract follow-on private sector funding
- Awards up to $175,000
- Funds are primarily in loans or royalty arrangements with a 1:1 (private:public) match
- Funds can be used for:
- Acquiring management/marketing personnel or expertise
- Purchasing equipment
- Developing and executing marketing and distribution strategy
- Creating marketing materials
- Developing/expanding lead compounds (bioscience - pharmacology)
- Business model validation and refinement
- Market feedback on technology and recommended enhancements
Read the full Administrative Rules of the program.
- Iowa-based company with innovative technology solution
- Fewer than 500 employees
- Commitment to commercialize product(s) in advanced manufacturing, bioscience or information technology industries
- Competitive and protectable product, technology or process
- Product ready for market introduction (exception for bioscience and medical device requiring regulatory approval)
- Essential management team in place (business development, financial operations and technology)
How Do I Apply?
- Applications reviewed on an ongoing basis with funding decisions bi-monthly
- IEDA has engaged the services of VentureNet Iowa to manage the application review process
- Contact VentureNet Iowa at firstname.lastname@example.org for current application and to verify eligibility
- Applicant completes panel review process and presentation to the IEDA Technology and Commercialization Committee (TCC).
For more information, contact: