Iowa Energy Center Grant Program
Iowa Energy Office
The Iowa Energy Center Grant program is funded by gas and electric utilities across the state of Iowa and is administered by the Iowa Economic Development Authority. This competitive grant program provides grants to eligible applicants for projects that provide a benefit to Iowa ratepayers. A ratepayer is defined as a customer who pays for an electric or natural gas utility service in the state of Iowa. Projects must also aid in the implementation of one of the key focus areas of the Iowa Energy Plan:
- Technology-based Energy Research and Development
- Energy Workforce Development
- Support for Rural and Underserved Areas
- Biomass Conversion
- Natural Gas Expansion in Underserved Areas
- Electric Grid Modernization
- Alternative Fuel Vehicles
Applicants must first complete a pre-application and be invited to complete a full application to be considered for funding.
The Iowa Energy Center Grant Program’s administrative rules can be found in Iowa Administrative Code section 261.404. You may also request a copy of the administrative rules by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Iowa businesses, colleges and universities, and private nonprofit agencies and foundations are eligible to apply.
- Any eligible applicant may submit an application that includes one or more subrecipients.
- An eligible applicant may apply individually or jointly with another eligible or other eligible applicants.
- A principal investigator will be allowed to submit one application per funding announcement. An applicant who has applied as the principal investigator for a funding announcement may also be named as a co-investigator on additional applications submitted but may not be named as a principal investigator on additional applications.
How Do I Apply?
- Pre-applications are available and accepted through iowagrants.gov
- Applicants planning to apply must use an IowaGrants account
- If the applicant does not have an IowaGrants or A&A account, the applicant will need to register by March 5th to ensure the registration can be completed prior to the submission deadline
- Pre-applications open: February 11, 2021
- Pre-applications submission deadline: March 19, 2021
- Amount of funding: $4 million
- Minimum grant: $10,000
- Maximum grant: $1,000,000
- Award announcement date: August 5, 2021