2019 CDBG-DR Flood Recovery
Planning for the Long-Term Recovery
Through the assistance of a grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration, IEDA partnered with a planning firm to create a long-term regional redevelopment strategy for flood impacted areas in Mills and Fremont counties. This comprehensive land use study assesses future land use, land management, infrastructure and flood control activities in the City of Pacific Junction, the City of Hamburg and the Interstate 29/Iowa Highway 2 interchange.
These programs are designed to assist Iowans and their communities with disaster recovery from the 2019 Iowa Floods. These programs are supported by U. S. Housing and Urban Development federal dollars through a Disaster Recovery Grant to the State of Iowa. The State has established three primary funding programs with these funds, designed to meet remaining unmet needs in a thoughtful and resilient manner:
- Stormwater Infrastructure
- New Housing
New Housing Workshops
At this time, only counties designated as Most Impacted and Distressed by HUD qualify for these programs. As recovery progresses, programs may be expanded to other areas, but for now only units of local government located in the following counties are eligible to apply:
- Fremont County
- Harrison County
- Mills County
How Do I Apply?
All applications are located in iowagrants.gov. Only local Councils of Government (COG) or IEDA determined qualified consultants can apply through iowagrants.gov on behalf of the unit of local government applicant. Please coordinate with your local COG or procured consultant to apply.
- Combined Disasters State of Iowa CDBG-DR Policies and Procedures Guide
- Appendix A- Allocation Summary Report
- Appendix B- Sample Contract
- Appendix C- Cash Management Improvement Act
- Appendix D- Procurement Crosswalk
- Appendix E- Procurement Policy Legal Opinion
- Appendix F- Procurement Checklist
- Appendix G- Computer Matching Agreement
- Appendix H - Iowa Code for State Procurement
- Appendix I - Iowa Attorney General Contractor Fraud Checklist
- Appendix J- CDBG-DR SOFA Notice
- Appendix K- Iowa Green Streets Criteria
- Appendix L - Modified HUD CPD Green Building Retrofit Checklist for Rehab
- Appendix M- Single Audit
2019 CDBG-DR Application Workshop
An application workshop for the 2019 CDBG Disaster Recovery program was held on December 9, 2020. Access the slides for the workshop and the workshop recording here.