Community Facilities & Services
Meeting the Needs of Growing Communities
This annual competitive program assists projects such as day care facilities, senior centers, vocational workshops and other community services such as storm water projects.
The program is funded through the federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). The goal of this program is to provide economic opportunities for people, especially those of low- and moderate income.
Maximum funding requests are based on community population:
- Less than 300 and unincorporated areas may request up to $1,000 per capita
- Less than 1,000 may request up to $300,000
- Between 1,000 and 2,500 may request up to $500,000
- Between 2,500 and 15,000 may request up to $600,000
- Greater than 15,000 may request up to $800,000
- Projects must primarily benefit low- and moderate income persons (per the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development definition)
- Projects must incorporate and support Iowa’s state sustainable principles
How Do I Apply?
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis as funds are available
- Visit iowagrants.gov for application instructions and to apply for funds