Water & Sewer Fund
Improving Water and Wastewater Services
Funds awarded through this annual competitive program assist cities and counties with projects such as sanitary sewer system improvements, water system improvements, water and wastewater treatment facility projects, storm sewer projects related to sanitary sewer system improvements and rural water connections.
The program is funded through the federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). The goal of this program is to provide economic opportunities for people, especially those of low- and moderate income.
Maximum funding requests are based on community population:
- Less than 300 and unincorporated areas request up to $1,000 per capita
- Less than 1,000 request up to $300,000
- Between 1,000 and 2,500 request up to $500,000
- Between 2,500 and 15,000 request up to $600,000
- Greater than 15,000 request up to $800,000
Who Qualifies?Projects must primarily benefit low- and moderate income persons as defined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
How Do I Apply?
- Applications are accepted and reviewed quarterly
- Application deadlines are January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1 with award announcements in March, June, September and December
- Visit iowagrants.gov for application instructions and to apply for funds
Water & Sewer Fund Award Map
View a map of communities that have been awarded CDBG Water & Sewer funds and an overview of the projects funded.
For more information, contact: