Improving Community Vitality through Recreational Attractions
Enhance Iowa provides grant funds to assist projects that provide recreational, cultural, entertainment and educational attractions, as well as sports tourism. The funds help communities create transformational projects that enhance the vitality of a region and the state overall. Funds must be primarily used for vertical infrastructure (land acquisition and construction, major renovation and major repair of buildings, all appurtenant structures, utilities, site development and recreational trails.)
Enhance Iowa will accept applications for the new Sports Tourism program starting February 1. This new program provides financial assistance for projects that market or promote professional, collegiate and amateur level sporting events that occur in Iowa.
- Project must be available to the general public for use
- At least 65% of the project funds must be raised
- Eligible applicants are cities, counties and not-for-profit organizations
How Do I Apply?
- Review Enhance Iowa Frequently Asked Questions.
- Submit a Notice of Intent to Apply found in Resources.
- Please contact one of the program managers to receive the Enhance Iowa CAT application.
- An application deadline for fiscal year 2023 will be announced at a later date.