Improving Community Vitality through Recreational Attractions
Enhance Iowa provides grant funds to assist projects that provide recreational, cultural, entertainment and educational attractions, as well as sports tourism. The funds help communities create transformational projects that enhance the vitality of a region and the state overall.
Funds must be primarily used for vertical infrastructure (land acquisition and construction, major renovation and major repair of buildings, all appurtenant structures, utilities, site development and recreational trails)
- Project must be available to the general public for use
- At least 65% of the project funds must be raised
- Eligible applicants are cities, counties and not-for-profit organizations
How Do I Apply?
- Review Enhance Iowa Frequently Asked Questions.
- Submit a Notice of Intent to Apply found in Resources.
- Please contact one of the program managers to receive the Enhance Iowa CAT application.
- Applications will be accepted based upon availability of funds. The current application window will close on August 27, 2021.